Turas 1 (2nd edition) & Portfolio/Activity Book
Turas 1 – An Dara hEagrán has been reviewed by practising teachers across a wide range of teaching settings. It maintains the much-loved features of the market-leading Turas 1 textbook. Timely updates have been added to provide an even better classroom experience for students and teachers alike.
- Complimentary ebook version
- A JCT-recommended approach to literature, using texts from the NCCA recommended reading list
- Exam-style questions written in response to the SEC Sample Papers
- Up-to-date texts on real-world topics of interest to students
- More listening comprehensions to help develop key language skills
- A fully spiral approach to language where students regularly meet and revisit Learning Outcomes in a carefully sequenced way
- The Turas 1 app, which allows students to practise Junior Cycle Irish on the go with chapter-based exercises. The audio for all the listening comprehensions is also available on the app.
The included Mo Phunann is a place where students can:
- Note the key words and phrases they learn in each chapter
- Create fantastic examples of their work
- Reflect on their learning and their use of the Junior Cycle Key Skills.
The included Mo Leabhar Gníomhaíochta encourages students to:
- Complete a wide range of vocabulary and grammar exercises
- Complete self-assessment checklists
- Develop action plans based on their self-assessment
- Practise listening skills in a Listening Comprehension section
- Access listening scripts to help with the listening comprehensions.