Artefact (2nd Edition) – Textbook & Skills and Supports Book
Artefact Second Edition meets all of the learning outcomes of the Junior Cycle History specification and will give students the skills and knowledge needed for their Classroom-Based Assessments and Final Examination.
- Learning intentions and Checkpoint questions bookend each sub-topic.
- Practice with Sources questions, featuring a wide variety of sources, are integrated throughout.
- Video links with corresponding worksheets appear in every chapter.
- Hands on History active tasks make history come alive.
- Expedition tasks with corresponding worksheets give students many opportunities to investigate repositories of historical evidence.
- Change Maker biographies give information on interesting figures and can be used as a springboard for CBA 2.
- Commemorating the Past, Contentious Issue and Reinterpreting the Past boxes and Strand 1 question icon provide clear links to Strand 1 outcomes throughout.
- A Summary, Key Terms bank and CBA Task appear at the end of each chapter.
- Chapters end with a full Exam-Style Question based on the SEC sample paper, and an Exam Focus box giving advice on how to approach different styles of examination questions.
- Dedicated Cultural, Sporting and Social Movements in Ireland, Technological Developments and Health and Medicine chapters bring together all the information required to deal with outcomes 2.10, 3.11 and 3.14.
- Skills and Supports book contains worksheets, additional questions and activities. A dedicated CBA section gives clear information and guidance on both Classroom-Based Assessments and the Assessment Task.